The National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) rates the energy performance of windows, doors, and skylights. These ratings can be a valuable tool, much like the miles-per-gallon sticker on a new car, because they can help you to:
• Compare different products on an apples-to apples basis.
• Verify that a product will perform as the manufacturer claims.
• Make an informed choice about an expensive product that will stay in your home for many years.
A Source You Can Trust
NFRC ratings are fair, accurate, and credible because the rating system is independent – manufacturers have no say over how their products are rated. That’s why the federal government and energy codes in many states and local jurisdictions encourage homeowners (and builders and contractors too) to purchase only NFRC-rated products.
A Valuable Online Resource
One way to find NFRC-rated products is to look for the NFRC label. Since you can’t always see the label on products sold in stores. NFRC also makes its ratings available on its website at www.windowratings.org.
There you can:
• Search the NFRC database to find ratings for the products you’re thinking about buying.
• Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about NFRC and the NFRC Label.
• Send you questions about window energy performance to experts at NFRC.
MJI Sales, LLC
46 Vela Circle
Roanoke, VA 24019
© COPYRIGHT 2015-2016. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.